When Confetti Kids was organized in 2000 by a group of neighborhood families, the original mandate was to renovate our area’s public playgrounds. We strongly believe that renovating and equipping our neighborhood playgrounds is a commitment to our children’s future as productive members of an inclusive neighborhood community.
During the next three years, we worked to completely overhaul Confetti Park for the 2-5 year olds. We also worked in partnership with the Algiers Point Association, Art Council of New Orleans, Friends of NORD, Old Algiers Mainstreet Corp., and NORD to achieve the renovation of Delcazal Playground for the 6-12 year olds.
Upon the successful completion of the parks projects in 2003, we have refocused our efforts on fostering a sense of community in bringing neighbors together as well as hosting child-centered programming. All events are open to the public.
To acquire, develop, operate, and maintain Confetti and Delcazal parks to enrich the quality of life for residents and visitors alike, and preserves it for future generations. In partnership with our community, Confetti Kids offers comprehensive park and recreation programs, and services to the changing needs within our community. We strive to preserve, enhance, and protect our parks to enrich the quality of life for present and future generations in a safe and secure environment in Algiers Point.
Confetti Kids pledges to:
- Provide stewardship toward natural, cultural, and creative play resources.
- Foster the needs of our children for recreational pursuits in our parks.
- Provides public service through cooperative partnership with our diverse community.
• Organized in 2000
• Incorporated in 2002
• 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization status
• Run by a volunteer board of 6-10, made up of parents, educators, and business professionals
• Membership includes more than 100 families
• Funded by the support of friends and neighbors of the Point and attendees of our events
GET MORE INVOLVED AND BECOME A MEMBER!
Becoming a member is easy. Membership does not pay dues. Membership is your way to share your ideas and vision for our neighborhood! We are always looking for more people who are interested in helping with our annual events and maintaining our parks. Please email email@example.com and ask to subscribe, and we will send you our monthly newsletter via email, inform you of upcoming events and request your feedback on projects for the neighborhood.
• Maintenance and improvement of Confetti and Delcazal Parks
• Christmas Book/Toy Drive to benefit neighborhood families
• Playgroups organized throughout the year
• A children’s choir called the Confetti Park Players
– Kids Mardi Gras Parade with the Algiers Point Association
– Friendship Day Parade
– Candy Land Ball & Fundraiser
– Easter Egg Hunt
– Halloween Party
Most importantly, we are working with all our fellow neighborhood organizations to make Algiers Point a safe, welcoming and happy place to grow up.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For questions or more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org